Ingredients: Fresh salad, avocado and tofu.
Previous Meal > Australian Rissoles
When I lived on Venice Beach in the 90s, there was a health food store that made tofu sandwiches with avocado and lettuce and tomato. After I moved away, I tried different ways to marinate tofu for eating cold, and this is what I came up with.
A tasty salad, that takes 5 minutes to make.
To marinate Tofu.
- Cut a grid into the tofu
- Pour one table spoon of soy sauce, one table spoon of mirin, and one table spoon of sesame oil over the sliced tofu.
- Let it sit for a a few minutes while you make the salad and move the box so the oils mix. You will see the tofu will soak in the colors of the oils.
- Taste, see if you like the tofu tasting strong of the marinade or not.
- If you like it light, take it out quicker. For a stronger taste leave it in for longer.
- Put tofu with the avocado and salad.
- Add dressing you like. (I put my homemade one in)